At a glance:
- BS & MS in Computer Science
- Native English speaker
- 20+ years of software engineering experience
- 14+ years of cloud technology experience
- Polyglot software engineer strong in Java, R Script, Groovy, and Scala, PHP. and other languages
- Agile Manifesto independent signatory (July 2006) and Extreme Programming (XP) proponent
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS IQ Member
- My resume on LinkedIn
- Washington DC CTO Group organizer
- Open-source software projects are available on Bitbucket and GitHub
- Cofounder of Coherent Logic Limited
Software Engineering and Software Architecture
I help customers who need to quickly hire an expert developer for either a short and long-term software engineering engagement. And when I say I help I do mean that I am a hands-on software engineer and do write code. In fact, it’s common for me to have code committed to a project within the first week of starting a new project.
I have an interest and also experience with all phases of software development including product prototyping and development, software engineering and architecture, testing, performance engineering, data engineering, web services development, and more.
I am a proponent of Agile and eXtreme Programming (XP) and focus on continuous improvement, continuous testing, and continuous delivery of a project.
Focused on back-end software development
My focus is on back-end software engineering and the list below includes some of the topics areas which I often work in or around:
- Web application architecture including web services development and microservices application development.
- Web application development with the Java programming language, the open-source Spring Framework (including Spring Boot), and other libraries with a focus on scalability, fault tolerance, and high-performance application engineering.
- Big data analytics application development with a focus on solutions that are written in the Scala programming language and deployed on the open-source Apache Spark cluster computing platform (including Amazon Web Services (AWS) EMR, Databricks Spark, and Cloudera Spark)
- Data engineering solutions with a focus on the open-source R Project for Statistical Computing with a specific emphasis on package development.
- Apache HTTP server performance tuning
- PageSpeed Module configuration
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) integration and configuration, in particular the StackPath CDN.
- Linux operating system
- Website performance testing using various tools
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Digital Ocean (DO) cloud platforms
- Application orchestration with Kubernetes and containerization with Docker
- Agile Continuous delivery